Do you want to look your best, but are frustrated with how difficult it is to find the right piece of shapewear? You are not alone. The right piece of shapewear can help a person look their best. Shapewear can be tough to shop for if you don't know what size, color, or style will work best for you.
It is important to look your best in every aspect of life. One way to make sure you do this is by wearing the right piece of shapewear. Shapewear can help a person achieve their desired appearance, whether they want more curves or an hourglass shape. In this article, we will discuss what type of shapewear works best for different body types and how to wear the right pieces at the appropriate time.
What is Shapewear?
Shapewear is an undergarment designed to shape the body and make it appear more slender. It can be used as a foundation garment, or with clothes over top of it for extra support. Shapewear comes in many different styles including bodysuits, camisoles, shaping skirts, briefs, and tights. Some people wear shapewear everyday while others only wear it on special occasions like weddings or formal events.
It can be thought of as a type of "trouser underwear" or "body-shaper". The materials used to make shapewear vary depending on the desired effect: it may be made from latex, polyester, silk, cotton, spandex, or nylon. There are many different types of shapewear available for purchase: some offer support and shaping while others provide compression and control.
Making Best Use of Shapewear
What do you do when it's not working for you? It happens to all of us at some point - we spend money on shapewear that doesn't work with our body type. The solution is simple. Here are 3 tips that will help make the most out of your shapewear.
- Always make sure you buy the appropriate size, especially when it comes to shapewear. If shapewear is too small or too large, you'll end up with unflattering results instead of curves where you want them.
- The leg openings of your shapewear should stay parallel while fitted throughout the leg. It's important to make sure the fabric is flat and smooth at the bottom so there isn't any bunching or wrinkles. If you can pull up more than an inch of material between your legs, you may need a smaller size.
- Pay attention to where your shapewear sits on your body, especially around the waist and hips. If it's bunching up, you'll see the material on the outside of your clothes as an obvious bulge. The shapewear should be flush against your skin - not visible at all.
Shapewear Popular Brands
Here are four of the most popular shapewear brands:
- Spanx - Spanx is probably the most popular shapewear brand out there right now. It's made of nylon, spandex, and cotton that gives it that very comfortable feeling you get when wearing them unseen under your clothes. Spanx is worn on your upper body to give more definition by flattening the bumps, lumps, and curves. It lifts the buttocks and thighs to give you a curvy figure instantly. You can wear it under tops, dresses or pants.
- Hanro Body Shaper - Hanro Body Shaper is made of 100% cotton that's why it's very breathable and comfortable to wear. It perfectly defines the stomach, waist, and hips. This shapewear is mainly used as a foundation garment to hide minor problems with clothes. The upper body area also has the same effect as the Spanx but it's more compressive. It's considered to be one of the best shapewear options in Europe.
- Leggings with Control Top - One tedious thing about wearing leg garments is how they tend to slip when you wear them with closed shoes. This shapewear is not cheap but you can use them with any top or dress that suits your needs.
- Glamorise Body Shape Wear - Glamorise Body-Shaper helps to flatten the tummy. It's considered as one of the best shapewear brands around especially for those who want instant results. The control panel that goes into your butt area is what makes this shapewear one of a kind.