For many homeowners, simple home renovation projects are always ideal for upgrading your home. A backyard patio is an exceptional addition to your outdoor space and it helps improve your backyard while providing a refreshing, aesthetic view.
Durable and secure patio furniture is ideal for various leisure and entertainment purposes, making it a perfect area to host social events like family meetings or an outdoor BBQ session during the summer. On the other hand, old, outdated patio furniture can significantly diminish your house appeal and pose a hazard to you and your friends. Therefore, in today's article, we share some insightful tips on how to improve your backyard patio.
Basic Patio Furniture
When it comes to decorating your outdoor space, here are a few essential basic patio furniture to consider without blowing your budget.
- Armchairs - An outdoor chair is an essential piece in your patio furniture array that allows you to comfortably relax outside. Aim for soft colored seats such as light brown or gray to boost your patio's appearance.
- Patio Canopies - Install a beautiful umbrella canopy to cover up your patio; your family and friends can enjoy outdoor activities regardless of the weather.
- Table - An outdoor table is an essential piece of furniture to place your items on without filling your pockets. You do not need to go over the top when buying a table. A nice sturdy and basic one is good enough for a start.
- Rug - Sisal rugs add a touch of personality by blending well against surreal natural backgrounds while withstanding severe conditions.
- Hammock - Hammocks create room for you to move about without restriction. Besides, it doubles up as a cozy makeshift bed where you catch some shut-eye as you enjoy your outdoor ambiance.
Choosing the Right Materials
The material of your patio furniture is crucial; it will determine how long the furniture will last and how well it will improve your patio appearance. When shopping for some outdoor furniture, consider the following materials and the benefits they provide.
- Wood - Mahogany, cedar, pine, and oak wood can be expensive, but they blend in beautifully with the trees, shrubs, and plants. Real wood is long-lasting when treated well and offers sturdy support. It is excellent for patio tables and teak furniture.
- Metal - Lightweight options such as aluminum make moving furniture easier and don't need much maintenance compared to wood. They add a rustic theme to your outdoor décor, but some are susceptible to rust. They are ideal for patio umbrella canopies.
- Plastic - Plastic patio furniture has a reputation for being flimsy and weak. Sure, plastic furniture is cheaper than other alternatives but is prone to fading and cracking under sunlight. Use UV-stabilizing paints and sprays to counter this effect.
Incorporate Patio and Backyard Accessories
There’s plenty of little touches you can add to your patio to encourage your family to spend more time and congregate on it. Some of the most useful accessories include:
- Bluetooth Speakers - Stream your favorite tunes from the comfort of your patio for all your friends and family to enjoy. Bluetooth speakers are portable and pose a connectivity radius of several feet, allowing you to stream music from your indoor electronics. It's a handy accessory to have that sets the ambiance of your patio.
- Grill - A BBQ grill completes your patio perfectly by turning your outdoor space into an outdoor kitchen, allowing you to host cookouts for your family and friends to enjoy.
- Portable Fire Pit - Enjoy your cold patio evenings with the warm flames of a sizzling fire pit. A portable fire pit is an excellent accessory since it alleviates the need for blankets and toxic carbon monoxide. Furthermore, it is perfect for roasting marshmallows while sharing stories with your loved ones.
- Solar Lanterns - Keep your outdoor patio well-lit with a powerful lantern. Unlike traditional lamps or electric light sources, a solar lantern drastically cuts down your energy costs because it only needs sunlight. You can also rest easy knowing that your patio won't burst into flames if the lamp accidentally drops.
Benefits of Patio Furniture
There’s plenty of reasons to create a beautiful patio. Take advantage of the good weather and consider these benefits to your home life:
- Easy to maintain
- Improves your home's curb appeal
- Fosters in the habit of spending time outdoors
- Makes sitting outside comfortable
- Eco friendly
- Versatile and can be used in any other area within your home
- Significantly improves your home value
- Durable and can withstand harsh climate
- Makes your patio an attractive spot for entertainment activities